Covid-19 Protocol at Apple Dental Family Kelowna, BC
Oral healthcare is transitioning to Phase 2 along with the rest of BC. Our team has always maintained a high standard of infection control, but we have now modified our procedures to incorporate physical distancing, remote check-ins, enhanced disinfection, and personal protective equipment.
You will see several changes to our office to ensure your safety. First, you will be contacted prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this wellness Questionnaire no less than 72 hours prior to your appointment. We will have to cancel your appointment if we are unable to complete this step, as we may need time to follow up with anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms or has a risk factor for COVID-19.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you, in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to reduce wait times in the lobby – please text or call us when you arrive and wait outside until we are ready to complete your arrival screening.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential carers if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbour or transfer germs of any kind.
- Hand sanitizers are positioned throughout the clinic for your use.
- Installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
- We require our patients to perform hand sanitizing before and after all appointments.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse for all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
Daily monitoring of team members for signs and symptoms of illness.
- Recording the temperature of every patient and team member upon entering the office.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures with HOCl fogging.
- Enhanced disinfection of “commonly touched items” such as computers, doorknobs, etc.
- Our HVAC system was recently serviced and meets above average expectations for air filtration.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields and gowns to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduced protocols and new equipment to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Providing tele-dentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
In addition, each specialist in surgical dentistry, before removing the tooth, will advise the patient about prosthetics or even implantation in place of the missing tooth.
And further details regarding the guidelines for all oral health care providers in BC can be viewed at the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC).
We strive for your comfort
Relax by the fireplace in the newly decorated comfort of our pleasant office and waiting room. Enjoy the Kelowna mountain view from each bright and sterile treatment room, equipped with a digital x-ray system and the latest technology. A children’s play area will occupy the young ones. All dental chairs have been designed for your comfort and relaxation. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself napping through your appointment. It happens often with our gentle dental care.
Our staff and our patients love the relaxed, happy, and jovial (yet totally professional) atmosphere that we portray at our clinic. Seasonal decorations help to eliminate the “Dental Clinic” stigma and make our patients feel more comfortable.
We strive to treat you like family and make you feel at home at Apple Dental Care. We have fun at our clinic, and we want you to enjoy it as well. Our smiles, our tone, and our truly devoted care and concern for all our patients will definitely be portrayed to all.
Come and enjoy Apple Dental Care!